“Let me know when your whole life goes up in smoke. That means it’s time for a promotion.” – Devil Wears Prada
Oh Nigel, Nigel, how right you are. Career, social life, sleep: they said you can only do well in 2 out of 3. That was true for the first 1.5 years of my working life (bye, sleep!), until I was offered a new role in my company which commenced last week. And all of a sudden, all I’m left with is a cubicle life.
First things first, I get promoted to Marketing Engagement Lead! I’ve always wanted to do marketing but my degree in communications wasn’t very helpful—everyone seems to think I’m a journalist/PR person, when I actually specialized in advertising. So now that the gap has finally been bridged, I can say that I’m very happy with this role.
My entire week has been spent to settle all the urgents, so hopefully things will stabilize soon. I can’t wait to regain my social life and start blogging again. I’ve got plenty of things I want to write about.
Firstly, I’m thinking of shifting the focus of the blog towards travel. I’ll probably still write about music and marketing once in a while, but it looks like my biggest hits are in travel. So look forward to my future posts on:
- Medan, Indonesia. I can’t wait to share with you all how my hometown looks like. I went back home for the first time in 3+ years last December.
- Turkey. This was my first time travelling somewhere far, on a solo travel. I was supposed to be spending an entire week in Istanbul for a conference, but I ended up hopping on planes to Ephesus and Cappadocia too!
- Krabi, Thailand. Beautiful tropical beaches can do no wrong.
- This September: I’m going to Europe and Dubai! A dream holiday I’ve always wanted since I was a kid.
- And I’m planning to go somewhere in Asia this month for a short 4D3N break! Any good recommendations?
- I went to a few other places recently too, mostly for short business trips: Hong Kong, Jakarta, but of course I can’t hold myself back from being touristy.
Which ones would you like to hear the most? Any good trips to recommend for 4D3N in Asia?