Imagine this—you’re going back to medieval times traveling between kingdoms and civilizations with a camel by your side, passing through rugged mountains and untouched desert, tasting exotic food along the way and marvel at the great Persian architecture.
In this itinerary, I’ll show you how you can follow the footsteps of great explorers like Alexander the Great and Marco Polo.
This itinerary covers 4 countries—China, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan—with the following key highlights:
– Kashgar: Apak Hoja Mausoleum, Sunday Market, Areya Street, Gaotai Ancient Homes, Id Kah Mosque, Ou’er Daxike Night Markt
– Karakoram: Kala Kule Lake, Bulungkol Valley, Caravan Sarai Campsite, Oytagh Red Mountain, Upal Village, Camel Riding
– Scenic Drive: Tian Shan Mountains, Tash Rabat, Chatyr Kul Lake, Naryn, Dolon Pass, Orto Tokoy Reservoir, Boom Gorge
– Bishkek: Ala-Too Square
– Ala-Archa National Park: Ak Falls, Baitik Baatyr Mausoleum, Alpinist Cemetery
– Almaty: Panfilov Park, Zenkov Cathedral, Green Bazaar, Central Mosque of Almaty, Arbat Shopping Street
– Altyn-Emel National Park: Singing Dune, Katutau Mountain, Aktau Mountain, Kyzlauyz Petroglyps, Besshatry Burial Mounds
– Tashkent: Amir Temur Square, Alisher Navoi Theatre, State Museum of History of Uzbekistan, Independence Square, Monument of Independence, Arch of Ezgulik
– Samarkand: Registan Square, Ulugh Beg Observatory, Siab Bazaar, Bibi-Khanym Mosque, Shakhi-Zinda Necropolis, Gur-e Amir Complex
– Bukhara:Lyabi-Khauz Ensemble, Magok-i-Attari Mosque, Chor-Minor Madrasah, Toki-Sarrofon Dome, Telpak Furushon Dome, Toki-Zargaron Dome, Kalyan Minaret, Kalyan Mosque, Miri-Arab Madrasah, Ulugbek Madrasah, Abdulaziz Khan Madrasah, Ark Fortress, Bolo-Khauz Complex, Ismail Samani Mausoleum, Chashma-Ayub Mausoleum, Hamman Bozori Kord (Medieval Bath), Folklore & Fashion Show, Silk Road Tea House
This itinerary helped me score a job in travel industry and I couldn’t be prouder sharing it with all of you. You can also engage my service to tailor-make, plan and book a Silk Road holiday just for you, contact me for more details.
Which Silk Road sites are you most interested to visit?