It never hurts to start planning early while flights and hotels are cheaper, so here’s a cheat sheet and some travel inspirations to help you plan 46 vacation days for 2018 with just 10 leave days taken!
3 Days: 30 Dec-1 Jan, 30 Mar-1 Apr, 15-17 Jun
4 Days: 16-19 Feb, 28 Apr-1 May, 26-29 May, 9-12 Aug, 3-6 Nov, 22-25 Dec, 29 Dec-1 Jan
9 Days: 18-26 Aug
Top 10 Vacation Ideas for Singapore Long Weekends in 2018 (3-4 Days)
[Image Credit: Phalinn Ooi]
Krabi is one of Thailand’s finest beaches, far from the over-commercialized party scene of Phuket. Instead, you’ll find dramatic limestone cliffs as a backdrop for your quiet retreat.
Top 3 Must-Do Things in Krabi:
1. Discover the secluded Hong Island lagoon away from the crowd
2. Admire the dramatic rock formations of James Bond Island
3. Discover the paradise Maya Bay where Leonardo DiCaprio shot his blockbuster movie
2. Kota Kinabalu
[Image Credit: Oscark]
Experience the thrill and adventure of Sabah with one of Southeast Asia’s highest mountains as your backdrop. But mountain is not all Sabah has, you can find everything from rivers, valleys and even crystal clear beaches. Don’t forget to end off the day with a surreal fireflies cruise.
Top 3 Must-Do Things in Kota Kinabalu:
1. Admire the mountainous peaks and diverse wildlife of Kinabalu Park
2. Off-the-beaten snorkeling at Mantanani and stunning fireflies at Kawa Kawa
3. Adrenaline-raising river rafting at Padas
3. Siem Reap (Angkor)
[Image Credit: Jonas Hansel]
Angkor is a stuff of legend. As the center of Khmer Empire, it houses the single biggest religious monument in the world. But beyond Angkor Wat, there are also plenty of beautiful ruin complex for you to bring out your inner Indiana Jones.
Top 3 Must-Do Things in Siem Reap:
1. Uncover Angkor Wat, Ta Prohm & Bayon
2. Countryside cycling: Discover the real faces of Cambodia
3. PHARE Cambodian Acrobatic Circus
6. Hanoi & Halong Bay
[Image Credit: Jean-Marc Astesana]
Appropriately named the “Bay of Descending Dragons”, the thousands of karst topography dotting Halong is without a doubt one of the most picturesque natural attractions in all of Southeast Asia.
Top 3 Must-Do Things in Hanoi:
1. Tick the UNESCO-approved Halong Bay off your bucket list
2. River cruise at the rural Tam Coc with its limestone karsts
3. Taste the best of Vietnamese culinary at the backstreets of Hanoi
[Image Credit: The Ubud Village]
Escape the stress of everyday life and go on a detox retreat in Bali as you take in the beauty of paddy fields, stunning coastlines and end off with a relaxing massage at your room.
Top 3 Must-Do Things in Bali:
1. Breathe in the beauty of the less-visited temples and rice terrace in West Bali
2. Cruise the reefs of Nusa Lembongan on a luxury catamaran
3. Sunset at cliff-side Uluwatu Temple with Kecak Fire Dance
[Image Credit: Petter Lindgren]
Lombok is pretty much Bali 10 years ago. Absolutely pristine beaches along the Gili Islands and blessed with glorious scenery for those who want to blend in with the nature with a little trekking.
Top 3 Must-Do Things in Lombok:
1. Bask at the surreal Pink Beaches of Southeast Gili Islands
2. Scenic hike to Pergasingan Hill with lush green view of Sembalun Valley
3. Feel awestruck with the panoramic view of Mount Rinjani
[Image Credit: buianhha]
Located right smack at Northern Vietnam, Sapa is famous for its raw, rural beauty. For those looking for an authentic Vietnam experience, there are plenty of chance encounters with ethnic hill tribes.
Top 3 Must-Do Things in Sapa:
1. Trek the rice field!
2. Mingle with the ethnic minority at Bac Ha market
3. Discover the hidden side of Hanoi with cyclo
[Image Credit: P199]
Cebu is a different kind of holiday, offering some of the most interesting activities from snorkeling with whale sharks to canyoneering to ziplining across city buildings!
9. Chiang Mai
[Image Credit: JJ Harrison]
The lush countryside of Chiang Mai offers a much slower pace of life and plenty of day trips. You can cycle across the countryside, be a mahout for a day with the gentle elephants, trek to meet the hill tribes, or simply admire its beautiful architectures.
Top 3 Must-Do Things in Chiang Mai:
1. Immerse in the verdant Doi Inthanon National Park
2. Cultural visit to Chiang Rai and the Golden Triangle
3. Fun with elephants: Mud spa sessions and river shower!
[Image Credit: KT Formen]
Ahhh… the classic Bangkok never goes wrong no matter how many times you have visited it. Food and shopping is great, there are dozens of temples still waiting for you to discover, and not to forget the endless tacky-but-fun tourist shows. Sometimes Bangkok is all you need for a fun long weekend!
Top 3 Must-Do Things in Bangkok:
1. Authentic exploration of Amphawa Floating Market where locals go
2. Flamboyant, burlesque Calypso Cabaret Show
3. Unravel the glories of Ayutthaya, Thailand’s historical ancient capital